The buzz word in digital marketing in the 21st century is content. Good content gets your customer over the bridge from interest to taking the desired action and converting.
You’ve probably heard about content marketing, yet perhaps you haven’t quite understood it or its value. In this article, we’re going to break content down for you and explain why good content is key to conversion. First, let’s define good content.
Good content is key to conversion, but before you start writing paragraph after paragraph of copy, let’s define content and look at how it can increase your landing page conversion rate.
In our overly digital age, most consumers have no patience for traditional marketing. Why listen to radio ads when you can use Pandora or Spotify? Who watches commercials anymore once they have a DVR?
Savvy marketers have learned these past few years that to reach their audience they have to provide something of value – enter content marketing.
When you use good content to drive your marketing strategy, you focus on creating and disseminating valuable, relevant and consistent content to your website visitors. You do this to attract and retain these people.
Your end goal? To obtain the conversion.
Whether it’s to sign up for your email list or purchase your product or service, your content is the driver. If you aren’t actively pursuing ways of providing valuable content to your site visitors, you are missing out.
Boiled down to one short sentence: content lets you communicate with your website visitors without overtly selling them something. It meets their needs, makes their life better or fills a niche.
Your Good Content Can…
When it comes to your content, it should be part of your overall marketing strategy. Good content has a list of advantages, and it can increase your overall reach and conversion rates. Good content can:
- Drive your inbound traffic and leads.
- Nurture engagement with your target audience.
- Increase your pay-per-click success.
- Increase your positive brand outlook. When you provide something of value, customers trust you more and keep your brand top of mind.
- Increase your search engine optimization (SEO). Search engines reward businesses that publish consistent, quality content.
- Combine with your social media strategy for added influence.
- Establish your company as a brand leader.
- Build brand awareness.
- Generate leads, thus increasing conversions.
Continue reading “Why Good Content Is Key To Conversion”