The Wall Street journal suggests that “Merry Christmas” still reigns in popularity as a season’s greeting over “Happy Holidays”
So how does emailing customers with one or the other impact conversion rates?
We selected a 100,000 customer list for a client who tested these subject lines:
A few additional notes on the test:
- The client is a large retailer, their customers mirror a general sample of the USA.
- The email mirrored the subject line’s message; all other elements were the same.
- We sent the email on the 21st of December.
The results show a HUGE difference . . .
As you can see the “Merry Christmas” subject line drove nearly double the click through rate of the other subject lines.
While we haven’t included the “buy rate” in the chart above due to client confidentiality, the results were similarly impressive.
Nearly doubling the number of transactions by changing an email subject line fairly well illustrates why if you’re not rigorously testing every facet of your online business (or letting us do it for you!), you’re throwing money away.
More fun with email testing:
- Personalizing your subject line can drop conversion rates . . .
- Optimize your email conversion rate with three quick tips . . .
- Unsubscribe links at the top of your emails will improve conversion rates . . .
P.S. – Contact us today to increase your conversion rate . . .
We work on a performance basis and charge nothing up front.
If you want to drastically improve your conversion rate contact us today.