For those of you who run an online eCommerce site, we bet you’d like to give your sales a lift.
In this article, we’re going to show you some ways to do just that. We are looking at eCommerce conversion rates, stats and best practices for 2016.
First, let’s look at the average eCommerce conversion rates (the percentage of people who take the desired action on your website).
According to one source, the average conversion rates are as follows:
- First time visitors: 5.10%
- Repeat visitors: 2.50%
- Cart abandonment rate: 71.30%
Another source finds that product page conversion rates average about 8%. What does this tell us? It suggests that shoppers are entering websites more often through product pages instead of the home page.
This same study says that the top converting product pages are doing so at a 59% rate, while the bottom brands hover around .10%.
And, yet one more source sites average eCommerce site conversion rates between 2-3%.
While these rates vary a lot, we can point you in the right direction with the following info on conversion rates:
- 0-1%: Not good. Something might be broken on your site, and you need help.
- 1-2%: Below average. Check your incoming traffic and assess weak points on your pages.
- 2-3%: Average. It’s still a good idea to assess problems on your site.
- 3-5%: Very good. You’re getting somewhere now. Keep working at honing your conversion rate and see if you can leap any higher.
- 5% and above: You are the cream of the crop. Keep up the good work.